The data controller responsible for this website is Emma Robertson, Tor Garden Plants, Tor Gardens, Brentor, Devon PL19 0NG.
This website contains links to third-party websites, which have their
only to this website.
Information we collect.
- We collect information about you when you submit an enquiry using our Enquiry form and we use this information to deal with your enquiry.
- We also collect information about you when you make an order via the shop on this website.
- We collect information about you when you sign up for newsletters and marketing communications from us and use a third party service provider to store and process your data.
- We collect your name and email address when you submit the Plant Notification Request form on this website and we use that information to email a notification to you when the plant is available.
Automatically collected data
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
1. Your IP address
2. How you found our website
3. The number of times you visited our website
4. The pages that you visit
Data collected automatically when you access our website is used to help us improve our website and ensure that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is needed to fulfil the purposes we collected it for including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or accounting requirements.
We will not share your information with any other third party unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us and remove your details from our files and Mailchimp's, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed.
- a copy of that personal data.
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately.
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed.
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it.
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us.
You may also lodge a complaint with a supervising authority in the Member State where you habitually reside or work or where a breach has taken place. Details for the Office of the Information Commissioner in the UK are available at https://ico.org.uk
Use of online ordering on this web site requires the use of session cookies to ensure that any items you add to your shopping cart and any other details you have entered are remembered when you move from page to page within the web site. This is how we keep a record of what you want to order and of your details until you finish ordering and want to confirm your order. The session cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. The next time you visit this web site, it will not recognise you and will treat you as a completely new visitor. If you wish to use online ordering, you should ensure that your browser is configured to accept cookies.
If you do not want to accept the session cookies, you will not be able to order online - please telephone instead.
Changes to this policy
Last updated 5th February 2021